Retevis RB17P is a simple-to-operate GMRS handheld radio for outdoor use. It has a unique split-screen design and a dedicated sub-screen to display NOAA information; the one-key alarm function and half-keyboard design make it an ideal communication tool for outdoor communication.
This powerful compact radio is the perfect form factor to fit in your hand without being too clunky or too small to use!
Retevis RB17P GMRS Handheld Radio Features
- Two Year Warranty
- Full 5-Watt GMRS handheld Radio
- 128 GMRS Channels with channel name display
- 8 default GMRS repeater capable channels
- 282 Privacy Codes (50 CTCSS + 83 CDCSS) - Have calls without interruptions
- One key Alarm Function (local or local + remote) - In case of an emergency, the one-click alarm can help you be found in time
- Half keypad design, simple-to-use GMRS handheld radio
- LCD display, Split display, sub-screen showing NOAA
- Channel mode can be edited by keypad
- Power selection: High 5W, Low 0.5W
- Power saving mode
- Backlight time selection: 5s; 10s; 30s; Always
- 8 optional background colors fit for various scenarios: Black; Red; Green; Yellow; Blue; Purple; Cran; White
- One side key definable - NOAA; Monitor; Scan; VOX; 2nd PTT; off
- VOX-0-9 can be selected by keypad; VOX delay
- Wide and narrowband available - can change by keypad
- SQL-Squelch level 0~9 can be selected by keypad
- Dual-band standby, dual display
- Power saving mode
- Compander; Scramble
- Keyboard lock
- Scan mode can be selected by keypad - CO; TO; SE.
- TOT: Time Out Timer
- Factory reset menu option
- USB Charging Base and Type-C USB Charging Cable.
- GMRS License Required
- FCC ID: 2ASNSRB17P
- Dimensions- 4.72 x 2.28 x 1.53 inches
- 1X Retevis RB17P GMRS handheld radio
- 1X 2200mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery
- 1X Belt Clip
- 1X Hand Strap
- 1X USB Desktop Charger
- 1X Charger adapter
- 1X User’s Manual
I do like the radio but it needs to come with all codes including repeter codes.
Got together this morning with fellow car club members, several had either FRS or GMRS radios. We selected a channel and all could hear me but I couldn't hear them. Very frustrating. I thought this product would be easy. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks!
This can happen if you don't set the proper CTCSS tone on your radio to match the tone (if any) the other radios are using. Your radio will ignore transmissions from stations that don't match the same tone. Retevis radios typically come with a CTCSS tone preset, so you may not realize it's enabled. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance.
Nice size and feels nice- was one of my 1st GMRS handhelds- Battery lasts great. I think the Best thing is the Screen- Makes it super easy to read- I have mine setup to display my Channel/Repeater names instead of the frequencies. I would Highly recommend!
Love this radio! Its not too big or too small. Fits perfectly in my hand and it receives our local NOAA weather channel better than my other radios.